Thursday, April 23, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Butcher Babes

As we currently don't have a functioning camera this will be our first post without any pictures. We thought we'd share instead some of our favorite things that the kids have said in recent months. We hope you'll find them as funny as we do. Hopefully our next blog will contain pictures of our wonderful Butcher Babes.

(Setting) Mike and Alex are walking into the men's locker room at the YMCA. Mike notices that the locker room smells extra bad that day.
Alex: Mmmm, it smells good in here.
Mike: Really?
Alex: Yeah, it smells like root beer.

(Setting) Anytime Abby says a prayer.
Abby: Dear Heavenly Father, We thank thee for this day. We thank thee for the food (Even if there is no food in sight). Please bring the blessings. Amen.

(Setting) Mike and Heidi having a conversation about their age at the dinner table.
Alex: Mom, are you old?
Heidi: No, not yet.
Alex: Are you new?

(Setting) Abby singing her favorite song "I am Like a Star" over and over again.
Abby: I want to sing "I am Like a Star" on my nose.
Heidi: Okay. (Heidi thinking Abby will simply change the lyrics to include the word nose)
Abby: (Abby starts puffing the tune "I am Like a Star" through her nose.)

(Setting) Several hours after Heidi attempted to answer Alex's question 'Where did my poopoos come from?" Alex is asked to say the prayer at the dinner table.
Alex: Dear Heavenly Father. Please bless the food in our tummies so that it can turn into poopoos.

(Setting) Alex found an old picture of an ultrasound done while I was pregnant.
Alex: Mom, what is this?
Heidi: It's a picture of an ultrasound.
Alex: (several seconds go by)...What sound does it make?

(Setting) Alex's battery operated toy wasn't working anymore.
Alex: Mom, why doesn't this toy work anymore?
Heidi: The battery ran out.
Alex: (Alex looks perplexed.) Where did it go?

9 comments:

Jen said...

This was so fun to read. I wish I would have been better at writing down the funny things my kids said. Now they're just sarcastic and not as cute and funny. Love ya and miss ya.

Becky Butcher said...

Heidi, That was hilarious! You could write a book. Thanks so much for sharing. What cute kids.

J and M Lloyd, est. 2004 said...

That is just good humor. Thanks for sharing!

museumeg said...

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing! I've never been in a locker room that smelled like root beer.

Melissa said...

This is absolutely hilarious!! You must always be laughing whenever they open their mouths :)

Danalin said...

These are always the funnest posts to read! I LOVE what kids say and how their minds work. I laugh every single day at least once.

Anne said...

Very cute. I'm glad to hear you're not old yet, Heidi. That means we are both still "new".
I'm going to call you one of these days so we can catch up....

The Campbell Clan said...

SO great! I loved this post Heidi! I love the things kids say! Thanks for sharing!

The Andrew Family said...

"Please bring the blessings." That's one of the best things I've ever heard. I'll have to start including that in my conversations with the Lord. Goodness knows He's already doing that, I just love the wording. "I'll bring the faults and weaknesses, how about you bring the blessings. Deal?"